In order to have a seamless ride on their bikes and run with little difficulty, many triathletes prefer not to carry anything on their hands—including water bottles. The significance of staying hydrated throughout the course, however, cannot be understated. Many of these bikes come with bottle mounts, and a water bottle is a must-have for any triathlete. In case the bike does not have such holders, it is still recommended that you carry water. With the best water bottles for triathletes, carrying your water during your practice sessions and competitions becomes easier.
After thorough research, we were able to come up with the best water bottles that every triathlete should definitely use. Before purchasing any water bottle, you should read this article as we are going to give you details about these water bottles.
1. What is a Water Bottle?
A water bottle is a container that is mostly used to hold and transport liquids such as water and other beverages for consumption and is mostly made of plastic, glass, or metal.
2. What Do Water Bottles Do?
They are used to hold water. For triathletes, these water bottles help them help them to stay hydrated throughout the course.
3. How Do Water Bottles Work?
After storing water in the water bottles, the bottles are mounted on the standard water bottle mounts found on bicycle frames or behind the saddle and between the aero bars. The triathlete can easily pick the bottle up from the mount and drink the water whenever he or she is thirsty.
4. Where Can You Buy A Water Bottle?
Water bottles are available for purchase in local stores. In addition, you can buy the bottles from Amazon or other online stores.
5. How Important Are Water Bottles?
Like any other athlete, your body needs a certain level of water to maintain your endurance. Dehydration can be the only reason why you lose your winning spot to another competitor. With the best water bottle in your hands, dehydration will never be the reason you lose.
HOW WE REVIEWED
The following products were reviewed based on the following parameters: Features, Pros & Cons, Where to Buy, and Performance.
WHAT WE REVIEWED
- Profile Designs Aero HC System
- CamelBak Podium Chill Insulated Water Bottle
- Elite Nanogelite Thermal Bicycle Water Bottle
- TorHans VR Series Aerodynamic Hydration System
- Speedfil Aero Bundle A2 Bottle|Z4 Cage
- Xlab Torpedo Versa 500 Water Bottle
- Profile Designs FC25 Bicycle Hydration System
- Profile Design Aqualite Drinking System
- Elite Crono CX Fiberglass Triathlon Water Bottle
- Polar Bottle Insulated Water Bottle
- Bpa-free, food safe hdpe bottle with 28oz capacity
- Weight: 248g
- Fill cap for Quick and easy Refill and no splash
This water bottle can save up to 30g of drag and, in certain circumstances, they can act like a disk wheel creating an aerodynamic advantage in wind conditions. The bottle comes with a complete 2nd generation horizontal BTA system that includes a mount, a bottle, and space for the computer. Most athletes who have tried this water bottle have concluded that it is among the best water bottles on the market.
- Comes with an easy fit
- The BTA system is easy to use
- It is easy to drink from
- The water bottle is easily refilled
- Never launches of the athlete
- Aerodynamic shrouded straw mount
- Independently adjustable cage and computer mount
- Compatible with any type of clip bar
- Not everyone can use it
- People with short arms can find it strenuous
This water bottle rates high on performance levels.
- The 21 fl. oz. CamelBak Podium Chill Insulated Water Bottle uses double walled construction to keep water cold long...
- Self sealing Jet Valve cap delivers high water flow; drink with ease without spills and splatters
- Secure lockout on cap ensures leak free transport and shaking and mixing of powdered drinks
This water bottle uses double-walled construction to keep water cold long after you start pedaling. It comes with a self-sealing valve which delivers a high flow of water and eliminates annoying drips and spills. If you are looking for a water bottle to keep your water cold as you cycle, then this is the best water bottle for you. The bottle comes in a wide array of colors for you to choose from.
- Keeps the water very cold depending on the number of ice cubes
- Positive lockout for leak-proof transport
- Durable even in harsh conditions
- It is a bit difficult to clean
- Cap develops mold fairly easily
- It takes a bit of effort to remove the nozzle
The performance over time is still superb.
- Nano gel thermal wrap keeps fluids insulated for up to 4 hours
- Easy to open push-pull valve allows quick access to fluids while riding
- Squeezable body
This water bottle comes with twin bottle construction fully wrapped in Nanogel which is the best and lightest solid insulating material in the world. This makes the bottle easily squeezable, facilitating fast delivery of the liquid when pedaling. It comes in four different colors giving the buyer a variety to choose from.
- High flow technology
- Has a capacity of 650ml
- Easy to grip bottle with ergonomic shape
- Maintains temperature for up to 4 hours
- The nozzle is not that good
Most users of this water bottle have stated it is above average in performance.
- Designed to be the most aerodynamically efficient way to carry fluids on a bike. Use it to carry fluids, nutrition or...
- Removable cap with innovative HiFlow bite valve spout allows for easily fill with fluids however this is not a...
- Mounts to surface of the seat tube or downtube of bike frame. Includes (2) 25mm boss mounting screws
This water bottle comes with a VR frame mounted system which is designed to be the most aerodynamically efficient way to carry fluids on a bicycle frame. The aero bottle can be used for nutrition, hydration, or to store everything you need to fix a flat. The VR system mounts directly to the surface of your bike frame’s seat tube or down tube.
- Removable rubber cap
- Easy to fill
- It holds up to 590ml of liquids
- HiFlow bite valve with a removable cap
- VR universal surface mount
- 25mm boss mounting screws
- Not recommended for bike frames 52cm or smaller
- It is difficult to refill on the go
It has an impressive performance and is among the best water bottles on the market.
- Keep fluids cold with the SpeedSok. This neoprene sock fits securely over all of our Speedfil Hydration Systems to...
- Simply slide the cover over the entire F1 system and reinsert the drink tube back inside the bottle.
- The A2/F2 Speedsok works with both Speedfil A2 and F2 hydration systems.
The Speedfil A2 and Aero Bundle water bottle combine Speedfil’s A2 system with the Z4 plus Bottle cage. The Z4 plus Bottle cage securely holds water bottles in the extensions and has an integrated Garmin mount for quarter-turn mounting computers. It is intended to be used between the aero bars.
- BPA free
- Allows for rapid refill
- Hands-free drinking
- Easy to clean
- Zero splash cap minimizes fluid loss
- It has a tendency to leak
- Does not come with a mount
Its performance rate is high, and it’s among the best water bottles.
- On-the-Go Computer Tilt Adjust Accommodates changing glare with a tilt mechanism for easy adjustments while you ride
- NEW Super-Sealed, No-Leak Bottle Design New leak-free Dolphin Breather Valve technology keeps liquids inside
- SecureClick Brackets Simply snaps on with a click to aerobar extensions. Eliminates need for extra zip-ties, rubber...
Many people claim that this is the best water bottle available. This is because of the convenience that comes with the bottle—you simply raise the computer mount up to refill the bottle for a race day or seamlessly lower it down to maintain the optimal view for training days. It is compatible with Garmin bike computers and multi-sport watches and also includes Aero Computer Mount for compatibility with non-Garmin computers’ Megadjust.
- High adjustability
- Maintains stability
- Does not compromise aerodynamic profile
- Accommodates up to 20 degrees of aero bar extension rotation
- Easy to drink and refill
- A little intimidating for first-time riders
It has a high-performance rate.
- Engineered, patent-pending no-splash Refill port
- BPA-free, food safe HDPE bottle
- Compatible with Profile Design universal Aero drink bracket
This is a low-profile water bottle that is sleek and has a between-the-arms hydration system. This design improves bike handling by moving the complete volume of the bottle between the rider’s arms. It comes with an integrated front computer mount system and rear airfoil system. This water bottle is only available in one color.
- Engineered, patent-pending no-splash refill port
- BPA free
- Easy to remove computer mount
- No valve
Its performance level is high.
- Robust fiberglass cage holds the bottle close to the frame for optimum aerodynamic performance and low weight
- Unique bottle surface pattern developed and wind-tunnel tested to maximize air penetration
- Membrane cap for fast and easy drinking in race conditions
This is an aerodynamic bottle and bottle cage designed and tested in a wind tunnel. The bottle is made from durable fiberglass material and has an exclusive surface which is designed to maximize air penetration. The cap has been designed using membrane technology, and the kit includes both holder and a bottle which fits all TT bike frames using the standard screws.
- Robust fiberglass holds bottle for optimum aerodynamic performance
- Unique bottle surface pattern
- Maximum air penetration
- Fast and easy drinking in race conditions
- Rubber membrane is poorly designed
- Water leaks from the bottle
This bottle is considered a moderate performer.
- NEW AND IMPROVED - Introducing the Polar Bottle zip stream insulated water bottle, our most innovative design yet.
- HIGH FLOW ZIPSTREAM CAP - Get a refreshing burst of water with just a squeeze, thanks to a self-sealing valve in the cap...
- LIGHTWEIGHT INSULATED BOTTLE - The zip stream insulated water bottle keeps your water cool even on the longest of rides.
This water bottle comes in 36 different colors and different designs giving many riders several options to choose from. It comes with a zipstream high-flow cap which features a self-sealing valve. The valve is designed to prevent the bottle from leaking even in the open position and allows pressure to build inside the bottle when squeezed releasing a burst of water. The dual-wall insulated design keeps water either warm or cold for many hours. Thermaluxe features patented Half Twist technology, hence no need to remove the cap for sipping.
- Double-wall construction with the insulating thermal layers
- Wide mouth opening for easy filling
- Dishwasher safe
- Soft rubber bite valve for comfortable hydration on the road
- It is BPA free
- Does not keep the water cold for long
- It is a bit difficult to drink from the bottle
- Unless you screw down the lid with a lot of force it will leak
- Package length: 4.064 cm
- Package width: 16.002 cm
- Package height: 38.1 cm
Some riders consider this bottle to be one of the best water bottles—when coupled with the mounting bracket. The water bottle is intended for smaller events but can still be filled through the mesh plug. It is designed to fit securely in the gap of the AirStryke and Century but will work perfectly with any aero bar system.
- Easy to refill
- No splash cap
- Compatible with most aero bars
- Does not spill water or liquid when closed
- It does not come with a mounting kit for aero bars
- If you are drinking while riding it splashes water on you
- Has less than average insulation
It has a high rate of performance.
THE VERDICT: THE BEST WATER BOTTLE
Most triathletes have different tastes when it comes to water bottles, with each athlete having a different opinion on what they consider the best water bottle. To make an accurate guess, however, you must sample all water bottles on the market. This is impossible for you to do, and this is why we researched and came up with this list of the 10 best water bottles for triathletes. Different water bottles will suit triathletes in different situations, such as specific weather conditions.
For instance, triathletes in desert areas favor CamelBak Podium Chill Insulated Water Bottle as compared to Polar Bottle Insulated Water Bottle due to its ability to keep water cold for long. However, some water bottles come across as the best across all situations and conditions. You can use this list to choose the water bottle that best suits your needs and budget.
Last update on 2021-09-18 at 11:37 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API